Monday, November 13, 2006

Arrived Calgary safely - Nov 11-13


This was a huge combine harvester I saw in the farm that I visited near Bloomfield. The farmer also had pigs and I was interested in seeing his pigs....






A cute little 2 seater German car that was parked at the parking lot of Swiss Chalet where we went for a chicken meal affter church on Sunday.







With the waitress at Swiss Chalet. The place is packed with Christians who come for lunch after church.








Paul seeing me off at the Toronto airport to catch my flight to Calgary. It was difficult to say "bye" to this man of God. Meeting him after 21 years! but our friendship had been strengthened a great deal. You must hear Paul sing the Country Western Gospel Songs: he's phenomenal!!





Dr Wayne Whitbourne, Canada Director of Action International came to meet me at the Calgary airport. As the plane was landing, I was not too happy to see the snow all around the place. Man, it was cold -- 4 degrees C below freezing.

As we reached the Action Office, I got recruited to seal envelopes containing the Christmas letters.

Wayne and I leave for Bethany College in Hepburn, Saskatchewan early tomorrow morning and then on to Three Hills, Edmonton and back to Calgary by Saturday.


2 comments:

Paul said...

we really enjoyed this blog post, and seeing the pictures... I'm very excited about this new communication medium that you have....

and you're right... it was very hard to say good bye today.... I felt like we not only rekindled our friendship but bonded far deeper than ever before!

I will be praying fervently for you brother

Unknown said...

Hi Joshua,

It will be good to see you soon. Paul did a great job on this blog, I'm impressed! I pray that even more is accomplished than you hope for.

Bill Flansburg & Family